A ‘Home from home’, AA 4-Star Bed and Breakfast in Williton, West Somerset
Why not get away for a few days – Our garden is looking lovely. Bookings available in August and September.
WEST SOMERSET STEAM RAILWAY 2014 – Discounted Rover tickets can be purchased from us during your stay – save over 12%, including Gala weekends.
Arden Cottage Bed and Breakfast is one of the oldest properties in Williton so if you’re coming to explore the delights of the beautiful Somerset countryside or simply visiting friends or family in the area, why not stay with us. We offer a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere to return back from your daily excursions.
Our picture postcard, wisteria and rose fronted thatched cottage is detached and sits well back from the road. Our cottage retains many original period features such as large inglenook fireplace, unusual corn-drying room, solid elm floor boards and exposed beams. The cottage sits in its own large secure gardens.
We welome you on arrival with tea/coffee and home-made cake and preserves, to help you relax and unwind after your car journey.
Williton is a great location, well connected to the A39 from Bridgwater and A358 from Taunton. Close to the Bristol Channel and harbours of Watchet and Minehead making it an excellent base for enjoying the surrounding areas. The Quantock Hills have been designated an ‘Area of Outstanding Beauty’ and the Brendon Hills, which merge into Exmoor National Park embrace the fairest of the West Countries magnificent inland and coastal scenery. Picturesque, unspoiled villages make it ideally situated whether you’re a tourist, walker, angler, golfer or artist. Williton is a town that offers a good range of shops, schools and amenities. The town boasts a small hospital, library, post office and a range of places to eat and drink.
Taunton hosts the mainline rail connection to London Paddington, which can be reached in 2 hours, whilst going north on the M5 will take you to Bristol Airport. There is a good service of buses or taxis that will bring you to Williton.
- Arden Cottage has been awarded a 4**** rating with the AA.
- Tripadvisor has awarded us a Certificate of Excellence Award for 2014.
- St Audries and Crowcombe Court wedding venues are only 2 miles away.
- There is easy access to the West Somerset Steam Railway, which is the longest private railway in the country with steam trains travelling between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead during the summer months (www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk).
- Some popular walks pass close by: – Watchet Mineral Line (www.westsomersetmineralrailway.org.uk), The Coleridge Way (www.coleridgeway.co.uk) and Macmillan Way (www.macmillanway.org).
- Wimbleball lake (holds the annual Iron Man event) and is a lovely place to walk, Blue Anchor Bay, Dunster Castle and Porlock are all villages well worth a visit.
Our Bed & Breakfast offers:
- Comfortable beds, quality duvets, linen and towels ensure you’ll have a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to enjoy your days exploring the sights of West Somerset
- Each room has a Hospitality tray with a selection of teas, both herbal and de-caffinated, freeze dried coffee and a jar of biscuits, plus hair dryer, mirror etc. In the shower rooms Cole & Lewis hair and body wash, conditioner, hand wash, hand and body lotion and other home comforts await you
- FREE Wireless Broadband ensures you can keep in touch (ask us for the password)
- There is a separate Guest Lounge with TV/DVD for you to keep abreast of your favourite programme (please note we have no TVs in the bedrooms)
- Gated parking keeps your car safely out of sight and off the road
- One/two well-behaved dog(s) welcome. Please mention to Paul or Jane when booking. Dogs are welcome in the bedrooms (but please, not on the beds)