A ‘Home from home’, 4-Star Bed and Breakfast in West Somerset
Special mid-week Autumn breaks available. Please call us to make a booking.
Arden Cottage Bed and Breakfast offers comfortable, relaxing accommodation for those wishing to explore the delights of the beautiful Somerset countryside.
The picture postcard, wisteria and rose fronted detached, thatched cottage retains many original period features such as inglenook fireplace, solid oak/stone floors and exposed beams. Large secure garden.
Jane and Paul welcome you on arrival with tea and home-made cake, helping you to relax and unwind after your long car journey.
Williton is a great location, well connected to the A39 from Bridgwater and A358 from Taunton. Close to the Bristol Channel and harbours of Watchet and Minehead making it an excellent base for enjoying the surrounding areas. The Quantock Hills have been designated an ‘Area of Outstanding Beauty’ and the Brendon Hills, which merge into Exmoor National Park embrace the fairest of the West Countries magnificent inland and coastal scenery. Picturesque, unspoiled villages make it ideally situated whether you’re a tourist, walker, angler, golfer or artist. Williton is a town that offers a good range of shops, schools and amenities. The town boasts a small hospital, library, post office and a range of places to eat and drink.
Taunton hosts the mainline rail connection to London Paddington, which can be reached in 2 hours, whilst going north on the M5 will take you to Bristol Airport. There is a good service of buses or taxis that will bring you to Williton.
- Arden Cottage is now with the AA and has been awarded a 4**** rating.
- Previously rated 4-Star Silver with Visit Britain and given a Breakfast Award.
- Tripadvisor has just awarded us a Certificate of Excellence Award for 2013.
- Reflect weekly lifestyle magazine awarded us a certificate of Recognition for ”Hidden Gem of Somerset”.
- St Audries and Crowcombe Court wedding venues are only 2 miles away.
- There is easy access to the West Somerset Steam Railway, which is the longest private railway in the country with steam trains travelling between Bishops Lydeard and Minehead during the summer months (www.west-somerset-railway.co.uk).
- Some of the popular walks that pass close by are: – Watchet Mineral Line (www.westsomersetmineralrailway.org.uk), The Coleridge Way (www.coleridgeway.co.uk) and Macmillan Way (www.macmillanway.org).
- Several excellent golf courses are close by as well as Wimbleball lake for anglers. Blue Anchor Bay, Dunster Castle and Porlock are all villages well worth a visit.
Our Bed & Breakfast offers:
- Comfortable beds, quality duvets, linen and towels
- Hospitality tray, hairdryer and many other home comforts available
- FREE Wireless Broadband
- Separate Guest Lounge with TV (there are no TVs in the rooms)
- Safe, off-road gated parking and garages on site
- One or two well-behaved dog(s) welcome. Please speak to Paul or Jane beforehand